More Stupid QuotesThey've managed to keep their unemployment low although their overall unemployment is high.
- Former President Bill Clinton
And now the sequence of events in no particular order.
- Dan Rather, CBS anchor
She's got talent and personality. Give me two years and I'll make her an overnight star.
- Harry Cohn, Hollywood producer
Charity is taking an ugly girl to lunch.
- Warren Beatty
Some of the facts are true, some are distorted, and some are untrue.
- a State Department spokesman, commenting on an article in Foreign Policy
Then you add two forkfuls of cooking oil ...
- directions given on television's The French Chef
I feel my best when I'm happy.
- Winona Ryder
Some of our friends are for it. Some of our friends are against it. And we're standing with our friends.
- Mike McCurry, Clinton White House press secretary
We have nothing against ideas. We're against people spreading them.
- General Augusto Pinochet of Chile
"I guess I would have voted with the majority if it was a close vote. But I agree with the arguments the minority made."
- Former President Bill Clinton, on the 1991 Gulf War resolution
You should hear her sing. She's a female Lena Horne.
- Joe Pasternak, producer
There has been no exclusion. We have simply excluded all the women.
- Nicolas Romanoff, descendent of last Czar of Russia Nicholas II
Hijackers should be given a rapid trial... with due process of law at the airport, then hanged.
- Edward Davis, Police Chief, Los Angeles
He doesn't say I directly told him anything. He says that, you know, the fact that I expressed concern had an impact on him. (But) the mere expression of concern could be, I guess, taken to mean something more than it was meant.
- Hillary Clinton, denying she replaced White House staff with her cronies
I am philisophically opposed to any fare increase. That does not mean I will not support one.
- Joseph Alexander, Fairfax County (Virginia) supervisor
She's a wonderful, wonderful person, and we're looking forward to a happy and wonderful night -- uh, life.
- Ted Kennedy, Massachusetts senator
You can't do it that way. You'd spoil the anticlimax.
- Michael Curtiz, film director, to a writer rewriting a scene
Life is indeed precious, and I believe the death penalty helps affirm this fact.
- Edward Koch, former New York City mayor
Thank you for evoking memories, particularly of days gone by.
- Mike Ingham, BBC-2 TV announcer
Every minute was more exciting than the next.
- actress Linda Evans