Is Windows a Virus?No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses (viri?) do:
- They replicate quickly -- okay, Windows does that.
- Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so -- okay, Windows does that.
- Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk -- okay, Windows does that, too.
- Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.
- Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.
So, Windows is not a virus.